Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

Monday, January 21, 2008

Lying to Forget

Now that I am on the topic of past - there was another question that came to my mind .What happens when in the future, your past comes and stands in front of you ? You would just see yourself crumble ...

You need to let the feelings engulf you completely. Dont fight them… Dont push them away… Accept them… As part of your self.

The following poem is dedicated to a dear friend whom I could not see causing pain to herself.

You must have moved on sweety ... but i'd never be able to forget the pain you went through.


This lie has become a part of me,
For months I've played this game
Acting like it doesn't hurt
Each time I hear his name .

Ignoring what's inside of me
Pretending I've moved on,
As if the feelings I once had
For him are somehow gone.

Spending each and everyday
With happiness and laughs,
Forgetting all our memories,
Avoiding all photographs.

But suddenly when I saw him
For the first time since he left
My heart skipped for a moment
I couldn't catch my breath.

When suddenly it hit me,
As the tears started to flow
That even after all this time
I just cant let him go ...





No comments:

 
Web Site Hit Counter
HTML Counter