Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

Friday, March 14, 2008

Reflections Of Yesterday

As the sun is slowly setting
And the evening shadow grows
I think back on the days gone by,
To a place I’d like to go.

Back to a place in my childhood
When days were so carefree,
Back to the days when my mummy’s lap
Was my favorite place to be .

Those days of pillow fights,
And playing in the front yard
Those days when growing up was fun
And nothing seemed too hard.

All too soon we turn around
And find ourselves all grown
With adult responsibilities
And worries of our own.

The memories of yesterday
Come quickly in my mind
When as an adult I am searching
For answers I cannot find.

We struggle through our losses
Gain strength from each hurdle crossed
And learn that we are not fully alone
Especially when we feel m ore lost

Now the shadows have faded to darkness
The day’s warmth is growing up
I look up to the stars in the sky
And wonder what tomorrow will hold

The stars are shinning don brightly
Almost as if to say –
Sleep well my dear and don’t be afraid
For tomorrows a brand new day.




4 comments:

adhishg said...

nostalagic...loved it...

adhishg said...

nostalagic poem....loved it..
keep up this blog too,,,,

adhishg said...

nostalagic poem..got me in flash back..ur good with poems..keep this blog as active as the diary one....insightful reading

Mukeshh Agarwal said...

Megha..Good work.....

 
Web Site Hit Counter
HTML Counter